Saturday 5 April 2014

More Than 20,000 Views - Yippee!


I just went to my YouTube channel to reply to a lovely comment about one of my films and discovered that the filmed demo I did of me drawing a piece of artwork from Swap! has recently gone over 20,000 views. 


How exciting is that?! It's kind of weird too, to think that 20,000 people, probably all over the world, have watched me drawing.

If you haven't seen the demo already, here it is again:


Do 'like' or 'share', if you find it interesting - every little helps in this business!

Since we did this film, John and I shot another demo film in the studio: this time it's me creating some artwork from Jungle Grumble. It's a larger illustration and so, when it's ready, it will be a longer film. We recorded pretty much the whole way through the illustration, from first marks to completion, which means lots of footage, so it needs quite a bit of time spending on editing, to get it down to a manageable length. That's a tricky business, as I am talking about process all the time, so we need to cut big sections, without losing too much that's interesting. 

Trouble is, things have been so busy ever since we filmed it, there has not been time to finish the editing process yet. We are about a third of the way through, I reckon. 

It's another thing on the 'to-do' list. Life is quieting down though, now we are out of the main school-visits season, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can share the new demo with you. In the meantime, here are a couple of films we made of me talking through how I drew the roughs for Jungle Grumble. If you haven't watched them already, you might find them interesting:



4 comments:

Sharalyn said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I'm just learning about how to illustrate and this was a great introduction.

Lynne the Pencil said...

Glad to hear that it was helpful Sharalyn. Good luck with your work :-)

Jennifer at WriteKidsBooks said...

Videos are so much cooler than blog posts!!! Anyway, it must be very gratifying that so many people are watching and passing around your videos - congratulations!

Anon said...

You are a great illustrator and seem like a very nice person. Please keep doing videos as I find them a terrific inspiration.